What is the minimum / maximum acceptable resolution?
July 22, 2011
- Acceptable range of resolution is 150ppi – 300ppi. Any thing below or over it may cause printing problems.
- TIFF files should be saved with no LZW compression.
- EPS files should be saved with Mac preview and Binary encoding and no compression, outline all fonts.
- Copy Dot scans must have a resolution of 2400 dpi.
- 8-bit (grayscale) and 24-bit (color) scans should have an effective resolution between 225-350 dpi.
- Line art scans should have a minimum effective resolution of 600 dpi.
- Total ink coverage of a scan should not exceed 320%.
- Images should be scanned as close to 100% of final size as possible.
- PLEASE DO NOT SUPPLY RGB IMAGES.