Stapling the signatures together on the side rather than the fold.
- Versitile & widely available
- Almost any material can be punched and bound, including paper, plastic and laminates.
- Lays flat.
- Ability to creatively interleaf pages.
- Finished piece folds over 360 degrees [useful for technical and reference applications].
- Well suited for short runs.
- Can accommodate grain short and most paper weights.
- Not as sturdy as double loop wire.
- If the wire is crushed, it will not return to its original shape.
- Pages will jog when open and pages will step up when turned. Crossover designs willnot align.
- Wire ends are left unfinished; may snag or pull.
- Loose pages are collated and assembled into a stack.
- The loose pages are stitched or stapled parallel to the spine.
- When binding signatures, the head, foot and face of the book are trimmed.