Tag: book printing and binding services
What are the different types of Binding?
Binding a book means attaching sheets together. There are a number of ways to attach sheets together. Some common options include gluing, stitching and sewing. Binding techniques can generally be grouped into these categories:
- Saddle Stitching – Most common type of binding, is stapling sheets together where they fold at the spine.
- Side Stitching – Stapling the signatures together on the side rather than the fold.
- Spiral Binding – To bind using a spiral of continuous wire or plastic looped through punched holes.
- Perfect Binding – The spine or the book is cut and roughened, adhesive is applied to the rough edges and a cover is glued firmly in place. Bleeds and crossovers are also handled differently on perfect bound books.
Debunking Myths of Digital Printing #3
Case Study No. 3: The kind of personal data needed to make variable information printing valuable is just too difficult to find and to expensive to collect.
The Legend: The kind of personal data needed to make variable information printing valuable is just too difficult to find and to expensive to collect.
From the Beginning:
Early promotions of variable information printing demonstrated the process’s power by focusing on sophisticated and complex applications. This created the misconception that rich sets of personal data were required for successful Variable Information Printing.
Debunking the Myth:
In reality, the majority of today’s one on one marketing pieces, and may of the most effective ones, make creative use of the most basic data sets. Sourcing your data sets is usually straightforward and once a personalized communications initiative is under way rules can be put in place to collect additional personalized information an build a better database ensuring you will have the data you need when you need it.
Heres the Proof –
- Simple personalization boosts response rate
Color name-only personalization has been shown to boost response rates by 135 percent over a comparable static black and white peice
- Increasing ROI with one to one
Variable Printing done right allows you to maximize your ROI by using one to one marketing. While total cost per piece for marketing materials may increase, it has been shown that revenue increase can be quite substantial.
Remember that Variable Printing services can yield more personalized direct mail marketing campaigns and using the power of digital printing can help build better relationships with your customers.
Make sure to check in with us about our new Variable Printing Solutions and Think creatively about personalization to yield amazing results.